1. In general, I take it that it goes without saying a guy's role is to protect the women in their care (e.g. mothers, sisters, wives, daughters).
I suppose this can in some situations extend to other women not directly under a man's care. For example, a man could intervene if he sees a woman getting attacked by another man.
Or, maybe, although care should be taken here, if he knows his neighbor is a wife-beater.
2. However, what if another woman is attacking a man's wife or mother or sister or daughter?
It may depend on the way she's attacking his loved one. Like can he step in and hold the other woman back solely by his strength? If so, then this may be the most viable course of action.
But what if the other woman is attacking his loved one such that he can't hold her back by non-violent means? It seems to me the man would be justified in hitting this other woman to protect his wife or mother or sister or daughter.
3. Some say a man shouldn't ever hit a woman because women are physically weaker than men. That's true in general.
But it's possible some women are stronger than some men. What if a female MMA fighter or wrestler or the like is pounding on a scrawny or skinny guy? Can he hit her back in self-defense?
4. Also, what if a woman is wielding a weapon like a knife against a guy who doesn't have any weapon? What if she's waving the weapon near his face and it looks like she'll cut him? Is he still not allowed to hit her?
5. It's usually significantly frowned upon if a guy is sucker punched, or if he's kicked in-between the legs. For whatever reason, these are usually off-limits, even, it seems, in street fights.
What if a woman sucker punches a guy, or kicks him in-between the legs? Can a guy hit her in retaliation? Or should he simply take it in, and eat her sucker punch or kick in the groin "like a man"?
6. What if a man is up against more than one woman on his own, say, for instance, a gang of women who clearly intend to assault him or rape him? Can he defend himself?
7. What if he faces a group of armed female looters attempting to rob his store like many Korean-Americans faced in Los Angeles in the Rodney King riots?
8. Short of hitting a woman, can a man push or slap a woman if, say, she repeatedly and publicly berates him, insults him, disrespects him, even attempts to instigate other men to attack him such as lying about him and saying he tried to steal her purse or rape her, and the like, even though he's never wronged her? (Of course, if other men are foolish enough to jump in at her instigation, then it may not be realistic for one man to go up against a group of men.)